Although February has been one of the Denver metro area’s coldest months in years – with temperatures averaging 28 degrees – crews continue to make progress on the Central 70 Project and remain …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution in 2022-2023 of $50 or more, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access includes access to all websites and online content.
Although February has been one of the Denver metro area’s coldest months in years – with temperatures averaging 28 degrees – crews continue to make progress on the Central 70 Project and remain on schedule. Over the next month, motorists can expect to see the following traffic impacts, including increased enforcement along the corridor:
• Xcel utility relocation work on York Street will require a center lane closure on eastbound and westbound Iinterstate 70 from March 8-10, and a full closure of York Street between 44th and 48th avenues from March 6-15.
• Interestate 270 flyover bridge work will require a full closure of eastbound and westbound I-70 from I-270 to Colorado Boulevard over the weekend of March 22.
• Minor traffic shifts on Colorado Boulevard near I-70 and overnight ramp closures in preparation for the permanent closure of the existing southbound Colorado Boulevard loop-ramp to eastbound I-70 on March 22. Once the loop ramp is closed, motorists will turn left at a signalized intersection, south of the existing ramp, to access eastbound I-70.
• I-70 at Peoria Street bridge work requiring lane closures overnight from March 20-22
• Ongoing overnight I-70 ramp closures.
Please keep in mind these dates are weather-dependent and subject to change. Sign up for updates at https://www.codot.gov/projects/i70east, to find out more information about these closures as they get closer.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.